Join The Financial Independence Club
What is Financial Literacy?
The skills and knowledge to make informed financial decisions and understand products and services that impact our financial well-being. In short, being financially literate is the key to your financial independence.
Take Control Of Your Personal Finances
We are committed to helping Montrealers from all walks of life improve their money skills. Register to any of our free courses below for valuable financial information that can help you now and into the future. Our curriculum aims to deliver in-depth financial education, in a relaxed non-pressured environment. We believe financial education should be available to all, and we are proud we are doing our part in helping people reach their potential.
Module 1 - Building a Family Budget
- Build and maintain a family budget
- Change problematic behaviours that keep you from your goals
- Set financial priorities with your family and be accountable
Module 2 - Understanding Life Insurance
- Learn what life insurance is really for, and if it’s right for you
- Learn how to calculate how much insurance you REALLY need, and avoid being oversold
- Learn how to stop overpaying for your life insurance, and quickly, simply shop around
Module 3 - Getting the Most Out of Your Employee Benefits
- Gain a better understanding of the benefits your employer offers
- Get the most out of some common but under-used benefits programs
- Learn to spot weaknesses in your group plan and address them
Module 4 - Taxes and How to Beat Them
- Understand how the tax system really works
- Reduce your income tax bill
- Start using government-approved tax-advantage programs today
Module 5 - RRSPs and TFSAs
- Learn how RRSPs and TFSAs work, and which is right for you
- Discover innovative strategies for using these government programs
- Avoid the pitfalls and little-known problems these plans have
Module 6 - Debt Management and Credit Scores
- Understand the root causes of debt and address them permanently
- Use powerful strategies to completely eliminate bad debts
- Understand how your credit score is calculated and how to improve it
Module 7 - Home Ownership Tips
- Avoid traps and disappointments with your new or renewing mortgage
- Learn the secrets to maximise your family’s wealth using your home
- Recognize the myths and stale advice about home ownership, and profit!
Module 8 - Children and Finances
- Discover the expenses — and income — your child brings to your home
- Build a plan to pay for your child’s education the most efficient way possible
- Learn how to build a legacy for your children
Module 9 - Things You Need to Know About Investing
- Learn the basic principles of investing
- Understand the differences and tradeoffs between DIY investing and mutual funds
- Discover key strategies for long-term investment success
Module 10 - Retirement
- Understand the plans the Government has available to retirees
- Set your priorities for a dignified and stable retirement
- Find out how much you REALLY need in order to retire and when you should start saving
Upcoming Class: RRSPs and TFSAs
Date: September 19th , 2019
Time: 7:00pm EST
Duration: 1.5 hours
6505 route Transcanadienne, Suite 500
Saint-Laurent, QC, H4T 1S3
After the class, the group is invited to join us for drinks and dessert (or a meal if you like eating late!) at Souvlaki Bar on Côte-Vertu.
Spacing is limited, so reserve your spot today!
If you would like to sign up for a future class, please register and we will notify you by email or phone when it’s scheduled.